05 4x4 Yukon lift suggestions 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuelcell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am installing a camping kit in the back of my yukon much like you see on youtube with cubbies and drawer system. It will not be light. 2nd and 3rd row removed. This model has the air ride and seems to be working fine but i am trying to find suggestions on the best way to lift the truck about 2 inches. Right now i have 32 may go 33 when these tires wear out. I am thinking of replacing rear g80 to another mechanical lock and redoing front suspension and possible rear as well. Key lift in front way to go? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience, with street trucks (but not lowered street trucks) is that a 33" wheel/tire combo will work without rubbing. Note: I have not done any serious off roading, so 33" may be too much for that. One thing you can do is a 2" body lift. That won't damage your steering angles/put any extra wear on your steering components. Couple that with a 33" tire, and I think you are golden.

Also, I don't know where you live, but 20" wheels and 20" Michelins go for reasonable prices in Dallas. I found rims from one seller and Michelins from another, and could get the set for $400. It the tires would still need to be mounted to the wheels and balanced, and the wheels mounted to the Tahoe. Also, don't forget a larger spare when you upsize your wheels and tires. You do not want to be out in the boonies with an unequal spare. That's a good way to destroy a differential and really get stranded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PPV_2018