05 Yukon SLT Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadwagon95

Reaction score
Yo yo yo dadwagon here... Got the new mule in and she's got a little issue just want some opinions from y'all knowledgeable fellas.. so I'm pretty sure it has a transmission issue before I forget it's a 2005 GMC Yukon SLT Auto ride 4x4, it's fully loaded all the bells and whistles. You can take off and drive before the transmission warms up and it'll shift fine although it seems like it slips third a little bit.. after about 5-10 minutes it feels like the acceleration is sluggish and I have to drop it into the first gear manually to get it to go and then shift to second and it never grabs third or fourth. However I try to engaging the four low it does work but it also feels like it shifts through all the gears. Very odd I just don't want to jump the gun on the transmission and it be something totally different like possibly a transfer case or maybe a differential not working properly.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo yo yo dadwagon here... Got the new mule in and she's got a little issue just want some opinions from y'all knowledgeable fellas.. so I'm pretty sure it has a transmission issue before I forget it's a 2005 GMC Yukon SLT Auto ride 4x4, it's fully loaded all the bells and whistles. You can take off and drive before the transmission warms up and it'll shift fine although it seems like it slips third a little bit.. after about 5-10 minutes it feels like the acceleration is sluggish and I have to drop it into the first gear manually to get it to go and then shift to second and it never grabs third or fourth. However I try to engaging the four low it does work but it also feels like it shifts through all the gears. Very odd I just don't want to jump the gun on the transmission and it be something totally different like possibly a transfer case or maybe a differential not working properly.
First check your fluid level and condition in your Tcase. The 246E Tcase commonly develops a pump rub in its rear half case and slowly leak its fluid out until its too low or bone dry. Do you have an Auto 4wd button on your dash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Team jacket