OK, Bought a 07 with a couple problems today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i have a plan for the oil pressure and rough idle. Seems like a good plan anyway.

This weekend.
Change sender and check for screen.
New Plugs, wires.
New intake gaskets.
New valley cover gaskets.

If that does not fix it then the next weekend will be,
New oil pump. Milling 10355HV. Maybe new VVT stuff. Its not that much and im in there already so.

If that does not fix it i will have to assume the motor has bad bearings and will replace the engine with a 60day warranty wrecking yard special.
I just installed the same oil pump you've listed and my oil pressure at cold idle is 60psi, and hot idle is 35-40psi. Long story short, my oil pump was replaced when I built my motor a few years ago, and it was an AC Delco replacement. It 100% failed on me with less than 30k on it last month. Luckily when it failed, I was home.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
Here is the dilemma with my plan.
I can do the sensor. VVT stuff and the oil pump and still have the same problem. Winter is coming fast and i have to do all this work in my back yard. It will be snowing here by the end of next month.
So im really leaning on just getting another engine and spend a few weekends swapping it out.
The engine i can get is $2,500 with a 6 month warranty.
Has 45 PSI hot oil pressure and compression is 220-230. 186K miles
Really leaning on going that route.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What’s the data on the Denali replacement motor?

07-08 6.2L L92 (+ Esky).
07-08 6.2L L92 (pick up truck)
09 6.2 L9H (+ Esky)
09-13 6.2L L9H (pick up truck)
10-14 6.2L L94 (AFM)

If you can find an L9H it does not have AFM but requires the same higher volume fuel pump & injectors as the L94 as they’re set up to run e85.

Last edited:

dadwagon95

Reaction score
I'd say f it and go hard or go home with a millings high volume oil pump and a double chain to increase velocity... My 04 Yukon runs 50-60 PSI oil pressure at 1500 -2500 RPMs around 40-50psi at idle. You'll be able to do an overhaul and change the seals out that are behind the timing cover, I'd maybe check for and real bad pressurized leaks that could cause a significant loss of oil pressure. If I'm not mistaken the 07's had the dod system and they are garbage in my opinion and different valley Pan with the electronics that run through it and the four valves that have that fancy feature so it's considered 4 cylinder on the highway.
Heard of people getting a delete kit for those DOD systems, it sucks you can't just swap the valley pans and be done with the GM wanted to go with the whole system either delete it or change it

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Sorry for confusion. I corrected my last thread to reference your truck as a Denali instead of an Esky. I move through the Esky forums a lot.

L92 it is then. Consider using ARP studs on the exhaust manifolds while they’re out. They’ll never break or rust up. When it’s time to pull the trans you’ll be happy you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Team jacket