07' Suburban 150,000 - To many miles to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a 07' Suburban LTZ with 150,*** miles on it. It seems to be a really good condiction and a good price. Think it's to good to be true? I tried getting the GM info on it with the VIN but no service records pull up. What should I look out for or know when going to look at it?

thanks for the help.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These days 150k isn't that big of a deal. Heck my 92 Yukon had 264k on it and was still going just fine, until we had to manually seize the engine for the cash 4 clunkers program.
I'd probably pay for a carfax report if it was me. Not every shop reports to them but it's some piece of mind to make sure it hasn't been in any major accidents or anything.

css49017

Reaction score
I picked up my 07 Suburban with 160K on it for 10K, engine runs perfect but it burns oil because the rings are worn, but I deactivated the AFM with BlackBear.

Had to replace rear air compressor and shocks, power steering pump, new pulleys, new belts, plugs and wires, misc interior pieces that where broken or worn, with what I paid for it and what I have in it I am way over the price for a low mile suburban, but it would not have been as fun.

Its been a journey but at the end of the day I know most of the suv is new :)

Drive it and if it sounds good and nothing funny from the tranny take it to a chevy dealer and have them inspect it and run your vin for service history.
what ever it cost for the dealer to check it out could save you 10 fold in the long run.

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
I would be buying it from a reputable Chevy dealer in my area. I will drive it and make sure nothing sounds out of the ordinary and find out what information they have on it. It sucks I'm trading in my 13' Sierra that I love but it's expensive and need something the same size with less of a monthly payment.

css49017

Reaction score
I would be buying it from a reputable Chevy dealer in my area. I will drive it and make sure nothing sounds out of the ordinary and find out what information they have on it. It sucks I'm trading in my 13' Sierra that I love but it's expensive and need something the same size with less of a monthly payment.

Well if its from the chevy dealer they should atleast stand behind it if something goes wrong within 30 days, good luck with your purchase.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to a dealer, have them provide the car fax.
No dealer is reputable :)
How many owners did it have?
Its hard to figure if its too good to be true without knowing what it cost.
Remember, its being sold by a dealer. Don't go by the condition its in, any dealer can make a car look like it just came off the showroom floor.
Double check that VIN for the records, that would've thrown a red flag for me if I were not able to get the records from it. Take a picture of the VIN and compare it to the car fax.
They are a hit or miss. Some have problems, some don't.
Get that info and report back :)

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have them put it on a lift and YOU check the underside for leaks. They might do a good job at washing and detailing, but they dont hit the undercarriage. I was with a buddy looking at a "clean" silverado 4x4, truck looked immaculate, but I was looking at the tread on the back tires and could see mud caked between the frame and bed, clearly it had been mudding and likely abused. we left the salesman standing there.

go with your gut.

Yukon_Joey

Reaction score
I would have them put it on a lift and YOU check the underside for leaks. They might do a good job at washing and detailing, but they dont hit the undercarriage. I was with a buddy looking at a "clean" silverado 4x4, truck looked immaculate, but I was looking at the tread on the back tires and could see mud caked between the frame and bed, clearly it had been mudding and likely abused. we left the salesman standing there.

go with your gut.

Reminds me of the CTS I just looked at on my local GMC/Buick dealer. Car looked fairly clean for the year but I popped the hood and noticed the oil cap missing and the engine cover looked stained from oil. Salesman tried to tell me they must have left it off when they done their oil change. It looked as if it had been off a while and they just tried to clean up the mess it made.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't rely solely on a Carfax either. A vehicle can be seriously damaged and repaired without being reported

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A well maintained 150k is is some cases better than a non driven 20k of the same year. Ask for service records and warrantee records. They can pull that for you. Look to see if was ever brought in for the oil consumption issue. Google the vin. It might have been for sale privately before they traded it in. Might find the previous owners phone number. Look for cracks on rubber underneath. Bushings Ect. Look underneath for rust. Should be lots of it. Don't fret if it's surface rust but do look for bad rust.