07 tahoe with a clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 with about 100k on it. For the past 30k or so miles I've had a slight clunk noise. It happens on two occasions only, 1) when I pull in or out of my driveway or over speed bumps & 2) after coming to a complete stop, about 5 seconds later, CLUNK. I feel like its coming from the back but a buddy said he had the same noise and it was the rear engine mount. I don't have a ton of free time so I'd like to order parts and be in and out of the shop (not dealership) ASAP. Can anyone give me any insight or what to look for? Thanks guys

bigtrucks84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think its something to do with the driveshaft, mine does it too. I vaguely remember seeing it somewhere on here a while ago.

OP
OP
adam p

adam p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm assuming this will be taken care of regardless of mileage? Wasn't too happy when they told me to kick rocks at 70k with 2 cracks in the dashboard

OP
OP
adam p

adam p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just called my dealership regarding the above bulletin and she looked up my vin and said there's nothing that gm would cover. I'm sure that that's my problem and I'm not in the mood for Chevy to replace and charge for everything possible. Any suggestions guys?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Does your alignment appear to be off?
Mine was doing something similar and my caster/camber bolt had actually come loose so it would shift around under the same conditions you mentioned.

OP
OP
adam p

adam p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alignment is on. The clunk is just annoying.

You have u255 in 24s correct? I was just debating on doing mine in white. Looks good man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate