07 Transmission Update...Covered under PT warranty? Does my slade have it already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07marmalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I brought my 07 in with 71000 miles on it for the dealer to look at the transmission. Its a bit sluggish, shifts are soft. They first checked to see if there were any codes, none. They "think" that it needs an update. I asked if they could see if its already been updated...they said they "don't know". I asked how much it would be to check it through their update machine: $100. This is for an hours labor. Bullcrap. The update is another 60 bucks which brings it to 160 bucks out of my own pocket.

They argue any updates are not covered under PT warranty. I've looked at TSBs and the time for the update to be done is maybe 15 minutes. There charging me an hours work for it! I would be fine paying maybe 60 bucks for it but not 160 for 15 minutes work.

I always thought anything regarding the transmission was covered under powertrain.

Can anyone see if its been updated in the history or not?

Heres my VIN:

One G Y F K Sixer Three Eight Eight Seven R Three Sixer One Sixer Three Two

I hate my dealer...and so do 5 other people I know.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Find another dealership to go too and ask to speak directly to the service manager. Explain the issue you had at the other dealer and ask to see if he or she can help you out.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to defend the dealer, as I think that anything like that should just be done (regardless of a "warranty") if all it requires is hooking up a computer and flashing a ROM, but I haven't been to anyone that charges less than a full hour. Even the local guys around here will not bill less than an hour. Now, on the flip side, I've seen a few folks do some really basic stuff free, but, again, if they charge I've always seen it rounded up to an hour. My independent BMW guy would at least roll all of his diagnostic costs towards the total if you decided to go with his recommendations.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I brought my 07 in with 71000 miles on it for the dealer to look at the transmission. Its a bit sluggish, shifts are soft. They first checked to see if there were any codes, none. They "think" that it needs an update. I asked if they could see if its already been updated...they said they "don't know". I asked how much it would be to check it through their update machine: $100. This is for an hours labor. Bullcrap. The update is another 60 bucks which brings it to 160 bucks out of my own pocket.

They argue any updates are not covered under PT warranty. I've looked at TSBs and the time for the update to be done is maybe 15 minutes. There charging me an hours work for it! I would be fine paying maybe 60 bucks for it but not 160 for 15 minutes work.

I always thought anything regarding the transmission was covered under powertrain.

Can anyone see if its been updated in the history or not?

Heres my VIN:

One G Y F K Sixer Three Eight Eight Seven R Three Sixer One Sixer Three Two

I hate my dealer...and so do 5 other people I know.
What did they mean by update? Transmission?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925