07 Yukon acting stupid electrically bonkers Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsl100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wife driving our Yukon the other night and the gauges quit(except Vmeter) , door locks cycling on their own ,tranny shifting really hard ,rear power hatch will not open (power sunroof works) tach and oil p. slightly pulse just off zero intermittenly . WIL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH SCANNER

what I have tried
Tested terminating resistor above rear tire (120 ohms ) as per spec .
front to back physically wiggled all connections and wire harness seeing if gauges would react .I used to be a tech (left for a new career in 1990)
Any help would be appreciated

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

this came off another forum

I fought this problem for months, door locks, stabilitrack, traction control, gauges going dead or acting erratic, brakes dragging and applying themsevles, and transmission shifting HARD. My 07 Tahoe stayed at the dealership for 3 1/2 months before they figured it out. Here is a list of items they replaced that did NOT help.

Body control module
powertrain control module
Transmission control module
they checked all the connnectors between the Hi and Low speed LAN circuits.
They went as far as telling me that my DVD player which came in the truck was causing the problem... I called bull**** on it. Told them I wanted a factory rep involved and hired a lawyer. The rep got some high paid techs involved and they ended up replacing a terminating resistor in the wiring harness (by the spare tire) and the negative battery cable. It has not done it now for about 6 months
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]I don't want to go through this , too many shops trouble shoot with parts

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of scanner are you using? Can you communicate with any modules at all?

smurfskier

Reaction score
Check your battery. May not be putting out enough juice to the computer. especially if these things are happening at idle or low rpm.

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the first thing I would do is check the batt. My truck went nuts when my batt was not acting up. stab track msg, check eng light, abs light, etc. Put a new batt in over a year ago and no prob since.

OP
OP
D

dsl100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what kind of scanner are you using? Can you communicate with any modules at all?
Bluepoint Micro scan

Check your battery. May not be putting out enough juice to the computer. especially if these things are happening at idle or low rpm.
12.3 tried another battery just for snickers same but the gauges pulse higher

Yes the first thing I would do is check the batt. My truck went nuts when my batt was not acting up. stab track msg, check eng light, abs light, etc. Put a new batt in over a year ago and no prob since.
12.3 tried another battery just for snickers same but the gauges pulse higher

OP
OP
D

dsl100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do GM use silica crystals in their under hood wire harness? i'm finding what looks like crystals but no compromised wires in the harness . at first I thought I was corrosion but it looks more like moisture absorbing crystals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo