07 yukon trans temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProStreetCamaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks have the 4L60E correct? What temp are you guys running around town? It is 63 here and I was watching the temp and I was around 185. That seems to warm to me? When I bought this yukon 3 weeks ago the carfax said the trans was replaced at 18,*** miles. Truck now has 35,800 miles on it. Trans seems to operate fine but the temp has me a bit worried. I know I have the remainder of the GM 5/100,000 warranty and we also bought an extended warranty that covers us out to 5 full years from the date we purchased it and or 100,000 from the date we purchased it so in other words 5/134,*** miles.

This warranty is good at any shop with ASE certified mechanics and has no deductible. A friend of ours is ASE certified and owns his own shop plus I know a fantastic trans guy so I am covered if it $hits the bed on me. I will just have a heavy duty trans built and my guy will claim it is a standard rebuild so the warranty place will cover it.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 07 tahoe with 40k miles on it will usually run around 180-185ish. If i am pulling a trailer or something it usually jumps to 205 degrees

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the winter mine has been running 140-160. Now that is has been warm it has been running 170-185. Here is a good chart I found on the 4L60E

Does anyone know at what temp the warning comes on?

heatchrt.jpg

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the six speed not the four, but mine runs considerably cooler right now. Temp is 60-70 outside and the trans temp hovers around 160. I imagine the length of time that you are driving has a lot to do with it. Even with low outside temps, eventually the transmission will warm to nearly the same temp as the engine.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
my 07 tahoe with 40k miles on it will usually run around 180-185ish. If i am pulling a trailer or something it usually jumps to 205 degrees

X2. My 07 runs the same. If you are concerned about the temp, you can add an external tranny cooler for pretty cheap. I am going to do it this summer for towing boats with my big wheels which puts a little strain on the tranny

mturnerua

Reaction score
Does anyone know of 07 LTZ's came with cooler standard? I feel like an idiot asking this but the dealer told me that all LTZ have one but it doesn't look like its there. There seems to be a radiator in front of the radiator but it is much larger than I thought the cooler was. Thanks

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine consistently runs at about 193 in the summer and 180 in the winter. Unless I'm towing, then it's right around 205-208.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of 07 LTZ's came with cooler standard? I feel like an idiot asking this but the dealer told me that all LTZ have one but it doesn't look like its there. There seems to be a radiator in front of the radiator but it is much larger than I thought the cooler was. Thanks

Hello,

That option is not standard on any trim level for the 2007. It is available on all trims however, the Cooling, auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil1 - Requires 4x4 models. Requires (GT5) 4.10 rear axle ratio. Notavailable with (GT4) 3.73 rear axle ratio. Hope this helps out a little. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. If you want to send me your first and last name, along with the VIN of the vehicle in question, I will be more than happy to verify if it has this option or not.

Geoff Allen
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES