2011 Broken Motor Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took in to the GM shop for break job and was told I has a broken motor mount! 2011 Tahoe with only 108000 miles….. how can that be GM? Was told the cost would be $800+ to replace. On a fixed income so will take it to some other repair shops to get cost estimates. Does this cost seem correct?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took in to the GM shop for break job and was told I has a broken motor mount! 2011 Tahoe with only 108000 miles….. how can that be GM? Was told the cost would be $800+ to replace. On a fixed income so will take it to some other repair shops to get cost estimates. Does this cost seem correct?
should be more like $500 from the dealer but ya...
the issue is the mounts on the gmt900's are liquid filled if they tear or rip at all the liquid spills out and they just get worse from there.
the fix is to use the solid rubber hummer H3 mount
if you search the forum there is a LONG running thread on the subject.
I replaced both of mine with the hummer mounts and all is well
it should be noted that hummer H2 motor mounts vary in price like oil, mine were $89, not long ago there were like $240.00. today $259 (down from $279)
the law of supply and demand seems to kick in

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the motor mounts thread is above here. more info than you'd ever want to know. haha

but since you're on a fixed income, I will say the rubber rips but there is still a metal cross pin that hits, so it's not really like the old days where the motor would hit the hood if a mount was bad. it's mostly just an annoying thud when you hit the gas. I think most people are driving these trucks around ripped and never know it. it's also believed to be ******* the heater core coolent T's, extra engine movements might stress old brittle plastic. they tend to break after 100k at some point. those will leave you stranded at best or a hurt engine at worst.

you're also coming up on torque converter life and maybe afm lifter soon after. all depending on luck of the draw. Just saying since you're on a fixed income, so you can plan accordingly. motor mounts need changed, but not today.

Post in thread 'Broken Motor Mounts' https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/broken-motor-mounts.55790/post-1876784

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be more like $500 from the dealer but ya...
the issue is the mounts on the gmt900's are liquid filled if they tear or rip at all the liquid spills out and they just get worse from there.
the fix is to use the solid rubber hummer H2 mount
if you search the forum there is a LONG running thread on the subject.
I replaced both of mine with the hummer mounts and all is well
it should be noted that hummer H2 motor mounts vary in price like oil, mine were $89, not long ago there were like $240.00. today $259 (down from $279)
the law of supply and demand seems to kick in
Was the solution H2 or H3 motor mounts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa