07 Yukon XL - Shake After Lowering Belltech 2-3/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedy188

Reaction score
Also make sure that the mating surface from the wheel to the rotor is nice and clean. If there is any debris in between the wheel and rotor it could cause a shimmy also. If you just had the wheels off I would check this first.

OP
OP
N

nelsduramax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update;

Got the DJM shorter sway bar links installed. Made a big difference. Rear end feels a lot more planted. Doesen't have a "big swaying boat" feeling in the rear like the stock swaybar links did.

Today, going to install the DJM lower link relocating brakets. Will update after install complete...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update;

Got the DJM shorter sway bar links installed. Made a big difference. Rear end feels a lot more planted. Doesen't have a "big swaying boat" feeling in the rear like the stock swaybar links did.

Today, going to install the DJM lower link relocating brakets. Will update after install complete...

great to hear.

OP
OP
N

nelsduramax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished install. No more bottoming out or rubbing issues. Did not solve the shimmy at 65 mph and above. Still have it.

I tilted my mirrors down when on the freeway to look at the rear wheels. They were spinning perfect without any wobble what so ever. Maybe thinking it has something to do with the front wheels...?

Anyone have any comments on the alignment specs I posts on the 1st post? Wondering if maybe there is not enough toe in or something...?

Please post any comments you all may have.

Also, a couple of comments on the DJM hardware kit I installed;

1. Grade 5 hardware everywhere. The Belltech kit had grade 8 for everything, F436 hard washers, and all bolts were cadnium coated. DJM stuff was all just black oxide and grade (cheap IMO)

2. Some of the laser cut holes in the drop down brackets were not a true circle so I had to use a mini ginder to open up the hole correctly to get a bolt thru them.

3. Instructions were so - so...

Flexia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long did you run the tires on the stock setup? The tirea could have worn in on thw stock specs and with the new alignment they could be reshaping the tire. Have you tried rotating thw wheels? Also if you have the stock wheels that will tell you if its the suspension. Is all the bearing hubs torques down correct?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968