09 Door Speaker Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdix

Reaction score
I have an 09 Tahoe with the standard stock non-bose stereo system. Any bass whatsoever sounds like crap though the stock speakers. I am not an audiophile, and I don't blast my stereo loud, but I would like cleaner sound. Can I simply replace the 4 door speakers and hear an improvement? I really dont want to turn this into a big budget project, but if a set of new door speakers will clean up the distorted bass sounds and give a noticeable overall cleaner sound I'll do it.

Thx
Joe

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I have an 07 with the stock non bose stereo. I was just going to find a way to add a small sub. For now I am leaving it all stock as I am not sure how long I will keep it. I am looking forward to see what kind of replies you get.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF you attempt a simple speaker swap make sure ohm loads on the new speakers are the same as those on the stock ones.. if you do this then yea.. you will notice an improvement.. just dont expect magic

99Tahoe

Reaction score
If your going to replace the speakers and want to produce some good decent bass out of them, i would add an amplifier to see a good difference.

tejohnso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 09 tahoe Stock system.. I did a speaker swap with quality speakers Alpine... and they sounded like crap! Guy told me, the headunit isn't good no matter what speakers you use, you won't achieve the expected sound quality! On top of that, GM screws you... requiring a harness for everything you want to keep(bluetooth, on-star, and steering wheel controls)!

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
radio

I have the sat nav / bose, and for factory i am pleased with the sounds... I miss the bass from my old tahoe (3 10" MTX subs)... but overall, it sounds good, even cranked to 100%