09 Yukon Stereo / Dash Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
it will depend on where the rca's and rest of the wiring are on the back. but most likely you will do some triming. break out the dremel!

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I just removed my bezel. Just an FYI, it is very tedious and takes much patience to remove it without scratching everything. One hint, they simply pop out, but you have to give the first one a pretty good pop to get things rolling.

Anybody else done this?
I can see from the picture it just snaps in, but I am having a hard time.
There is practically no room to insert a screwdriver or pick. I tried a metal pocket ruler, but it just flexes. I also tried a pocket screwdriver, but as I pry, it just presses into the vinyl dash. I am afraid I will leave a mark.

Any other tips or tricks? I am trying to install a Gen 5 Lockpick.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
pick up a set of plastic pry tools.
athmngl.jpg
yes you have to cut out the plastic behide the radio. its all so dubald up. if i rember right.its a tight fit but i will go.

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
Man I just installed a Peripheral Electronics iPod adapter and I agree it was a pain to remove that bezel, I sure wish I had a set of those tools mentioned above! I will definitely be investing in them for my "real" stereo install, LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms