13 MPG?! In Los Angeles?? Really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on my government Hoe over about 1,000mi in Los Angeles roads/highway on Regular 87 Gas. My Hoe is a 4WD running on 2High

I'm starting to feel they might have disabled the cyl deactivation or something. That seems way too low. :emotions122:

Any ideas?

OE Specs
16 - Combined
14 - City
19 - Highway
Reset my trip miles/mileage/time and took a 400 mile road trip getting 17mpg (was going 85-90). I'm now on 680 miles on the same trip and have 12.5. Don't think you're bad off.

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea when I lived in LA I could get around 21 mpg on the highway. Now in Tennesee I can only get about 17 on the highway. Never figured this one out.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
LA traffic is horrible its so true what you say about bumper to bumper and everyone here drives like *********, probably including me but it comes with the territory i suppose.

i happen to get 15.4 With my hoe and all my mods, but then again i stop dd it everyday

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LA traffic is horrible its so true what you say about bumper to bumper and everyone here drives like *********, probably including me but it comes with the territory i suppose.

i happen to get 15.4 With my hoe and all my mods, but then again i stop dd it everyday

Thats pretty damn good considering your mods (cam and gears epecially)!! I only get 15.4 in my stocker...mostly highway cruising. :Boo:

OP
OP
B

billyblue

Reaction score
Arg, still haven't cracked the intake to see the filter and throttlebody. My mileage still sound a little low compared to everyone else. about 2mpg off.

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the hills!! Kills mpg

I am in memphis, it's about as flat as an ironing board. No hills untill you go east tennessee. I am guessing it has something to do with the gas? In La I used 91 but in memphis I use 93 which is better but memphis has been playing around with the ethanol additive.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in memphis, it's about as flat as an ironing board. No hills untill you go east tennessee. I am guessing it has something to do with the gas? In La I used 91 but in memphis I use 93 which is better but memphis has been playing around with the ethanol additive.

Higher the octane, the less energy in the fuel

OP
OP
B

billyblue

Reaction score
Under inflated tires. Filled them up to 60ish PSI (max 80) and I got 17.5mpg on the freeway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate