14 Tahoe ZW7 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced all four tires and about a month after driving on them, I started to notice a rather severe bounce seemingly coming from the driver's side front. I purchased replacement front shocks on line, installed them, and found little or no improvement from the bounce.
Might check your front wheel balance, maybe some weights fell off?

WayneY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@WayneY Look at your RPO codes -- is there a G65? If there is, that's what shows that the rear OE shocks were manual self-leveling Nivomats. The ZW7 by itself does not. (From what I've seen here not all ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride SUVs of your year had them.)

Your severe bounce on the front could be caused by not having the front jounce stops contacting the lower control arms at ride height. Check to see their condition. That contact is a fulcrum point in the front suspension.

Here's a picture of a jounce stop NOT contacting the lower control arm, which is NOT what your suspension needs to work correctly.

View attachment 438734

There were a couple of members with used Nivomats for sale; if you're interested reply to this post and we'll find them for you.
Thanks. Never heard of those. Will check tomorrow when I have access to my Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member