1993 2 door Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lift arrived!

IMG_2991.jpeg

Replaced the knock sensor. Immediate code again. Any recommendations on what to check now?

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well we figured her out boys! Replaced the knock sensor and pigtail just to be sure. Boom no more codes! She runs great, no more stumble under heavy throttle.
IMG_3003.jpeg

I did find this connector pretty banged up. I attempted to fix it but the wire heading into the connector is too short, anyone know what this connector is for? Going to try and source a new one.

IMG_3006.jpegIMG_3018.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I bought the same, the rough country 6".

Haha yeah I did a 7" lift on my 2017 Silverado by myself but I had access to a lift. Still took me a full Saturday and Sunday.

So I don't think I'll be doing it this time around, just to save myself the time and headache.
The rc lifts for the obs trucks really ain’t THAT BAD my buddy beat the immortal shit out of his mudding and going on the beach and never had any issues (besides eating his moog wheel bearings and ball joints)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well we figured her out boys! Replaced the knock sensor and pigtail just to be sure. Boom no more codes! She runs great, no more stumble under heavy throttle.
View attachment 434384

I did find this connector pretty banged up. I attempted to fix it but the wire heading into the connector is too short, anyone know what this connector is for? Going to try and source a new one.

View attachment 434387View attachment 434388

Kind of hard from your zoomed-in pic to tell what it goes to or where it is on the truck. Any idea, or perhaps give us a wider view?

Does the other end (the black one) come out or is that fixed to something?

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kind of hard from your zoomed-in pic to tell what it goes to or where it is on the truck. Any idea, or perhaps give us a wider view?

Does the other end (the black one) come out or is that fixed to something?

I’ll have to grab more pics, but it’s on the front diff. The other end goes into the diff.

Here’s photos of the other end.
IMG_3007.jpegIMG_3014.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpeg
    IMG_3010.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 2

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I had to venture a guess I'd say that's the wiring for the front diff actuator. You might check an online parts place or two to see if the ones they show match up with your connector. Some of the diff actuators come with a short pigtail like where that damaged wiring is.

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I had to venture a guess I'd say that's the wiring for the front diff actuator. You might check an online parts place or two to see if the ones they show match up with your connector. Some of the diff actuators come with a short pigtail like where that damaged wiring is.

Thanks, pointed me in the right direction. Looks like its the 4x4 indicator light switch. I ordered the connector pigtails and ill replace both sides to be safe.

Interesting enough, it causes the ABS light to be on.

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Little update. Picked up a Denali donor for the interior upgrade. Has some engine issues but no worries for me.

Part of me wants to do the whole exterior conversion also but my wife thinks the original front end is “retro” and prefers it over the Denali.

Either way at least I’ll do the interior.

IMG_3201.jpegIMG_3203.jpeg

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No real update, summers here in AZ is giving it's last go f yourself, so it's been too hot to mess with shit.

I did order some new replacement seat covers for the front seats in the Denali. They were cheap, so we'll see how the quality is when they arrive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2