1993 2 door Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well knocked the seats out. Not too bad.

Threw them out in the sun to get the wrinkles out. You can see in the 2nd photo which one has been outside longer

C9AF45DD-1E04-4269-8A38-CE8713D4FF2D.jpegIMG_3347.jpeg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, you’ve been busy! Are you going to do the Denali conversion on the exterior?

I see you have that crack on the dash that most of these get.

IMG_9628.jpeg

It’s caused by the metal clip on the bezel that goes into that slot on the dash. The slot isn’t enclosed on the left side, so the clip pushes the bottom part of it down and eventually cracks at the top. On mine, I took some pliers and flattened that clip a bit. It still holds well but doesn’t put pressure on the plastic. I added a little black butyl tape in there to help keep the clip in place.

Anyways, it’s something to keep in mind. Good luck with the truck!

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang, you’ve been busy! Are you going to do the Denali conversion on the exterior?

I see you have that crack on the dash that most of these get.

View attachment 439599

It’s caused by the metal clip on the bezel that goes into that slot on the dash. The slot isn’t enclosed on the left side, so the clip pushes the bottom part of it down and eventually cracks at the top. On mine, I took some pliers and flattened that clip a bit. It still holds well but doesn’t put pressure on the plastic. I added a little black butyl tape in there to help keep the clip in place.

Anyways, it’s something to keep in mind. Good luck with the truck!

I'd be a lot further along if it wasn't so dang hot! Supposed to be the last week of over 100 temps so I should start moving on this soon.

Thanks for the tip! The worst part was it wasn't as bad before I slapped it in there, the dash slipped a little and I grabbed trying to hold it up and CRACK. Going to be buying one of those dash skins to cover it all up, so should be alright. Still sucked though haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisp993