1997 Tahoe Transfer Case Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky White

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi to everyone

Newbie with his first technical question. Starting to get to know my 97 Tahoe better and getting some minor issues resolved. Sorry for the long post. I am not a mechanic and my English is not the best (I am in Switzerland).

I tried the push-button 4x4 (Hi/Low, no auto) to see if it works. 4 Hi and 4 Low seem to work. But the light on the switch does not stop blinking. Started to troubleshoot. The front axle actuator extends. The transfer case switch works. Tried the 4wd on the lift and it works (front wheels become active, when in 4wd, etc.). Changed the selector switch in the car (NOS GM). Checked the actuator and the wires.

The strange thing:
The car has the electric actuator (original GM). On the wiring harness, where the actuator is plugged in, there is an unused 2-pin plug. Therefore I guess, that someone at somepoint converted the car from thermal to electric (I assume, that the 2-pin plug was used for the thermal).

Therefore I guess, that the selector switch in the car does not get the feedback, that 4wd has been activated successfully. Troubleshooting and comparing to all different diagrams I found I guess, that there's a wire missing in my car. The transfer case relay is pinned to the firewall (seems original), but has no wire to it.

Is it possible, that i am missing the wire on the drawing below? And if yes, where can I buy such a wire/harness with the correct plugs on both ends?

Thank you and kind regards

Andres
Where does the plug #1 go to it's a 6 pin plug had help removing transmission and a wire on back of transfer case seams to be going to o2 sensors but nothing unhooked.Guess I'm going to keep looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925

Latest posts