1999 Tahoe LT mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IamMugs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like I need to post here first?

99 Tahoe I just picked up for my son. Passenger mirror has a coating on it for auto dimming and it's shot.

Question is, can I swap in a mirror that is strictly heated without dimming or is it a different cable? Ordering one from Dorman so should be close to OEM.

THANKS!

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try asking a couple of local glass companies. They do more than some people think of; like trimming down lexan motorcycle windshields, for instance.

joe

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at Dorman’s listing on Rockauto, it looks like they just delete the two pins for the auto-dimming function. Those are B and G in the connector view below for a 99 model.

So, yes, it looks like they would connect. I see that Rockauto has another listing for a mirror with the heat and auto-dim. I’d question whether those actually have the auto-dim given the comparable price, but it may be worth checking into.

Aftermarket mirrors tend to be hit or miss with vibrations in the glass so save your receipt. If you happened to find a GM part that would be the way to go but they’re pretty scarce from what I understand.

In case you were wondering, the standard non-heated or dimming power mirrors use a four-pin connector and wouldn’t match your eight-pin.

IMG_9216.jpeg

IMG_9214.jpeg
IMG_9217.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IamMugs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at Dorman’s listing on Rockauto, it looks like they just delete the two pins for the auto-dimming function. Those are B and G in the connector view below for a 99 model.

So, yes, it looks like they would connect. I see that Rockauto has another listing for a mirror with the heat and auto-dim. I’d question whether those actually have the auto-dim given the comparable price, but it may be worth checking into.

Aftermarket mirrors tend to be hit or miss with vibrations in the glass so save your receipt. If you happened to find a GM part that would be the way to go but they’re pretty scarce from what I understand.

In case you were wondering, the standard non-heated or dimming power mirrors use a four-pin connector and wouldn’t match your eight-pin.

View attachment 434987

View attachment 434986
View attachment 434988
That's crazy if true. Worth me calling them to confirm at the very least. Thank you for that and the pinout!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voncrutch