1999 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello this is my first post... I need help. Thanks in advance.

My 99 Tahoe keeps blowing the 4wd fuse (20AMP) in the drivers side panel.

Things I have done: Actuator replaced, In dash 4wd selector w/auto replaced.

When I turn the key to acc the lights in the switch light up then 2hi stays lit. Start the car and the fuse blows (20AMP) Also tried starting the car them putting in the fuse when I start driving the fuse blows.

Any suggestions?

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would start by checking your wires from the actuator all the way up.. sounds like one of them is grounding out.

OP
OP
T

tahoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what that means? I can tell you everything you need to know about computers. But as far as cars do....

But this is what I guess I have.

1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE Transfer Case 4L60E, dash switch (electric shift), "NP8" (auto 4WD)

I hope this helps you to help me. I will check the wires this weekend, thanks so much for your interest in trying to help.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I can tell you about both but on the subject of your truck, you have a 1999 Tahoe with a 5.7l Vortec v8 rated at 255hp with a 4l60E 4speed electronic controlled tranny and a nv246 auto 4wd transfer case with a push button selector with and neutral option.

As for the problem, diagrams show the system should be active only when ignition switch is is run position only. any other key position means something is awry with the ignition switch or some wire from it shorting to another.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

any other anomalies going on even if not related?

OP
OP
T

tahoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Where can I see the diagrams that you reference the info from?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Make another post here so you have 5 total posts and then you will be permitted to Private Message me your email address to me to I can send you some PDF's of the schematics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou