(2) alpine Type R 12's installed with stock stereo (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I spent today with a friend installing 2 Alpine Amps, Capacitor, and 2 Alpine Type R 12's in a ported Q-logic Box. This was all done using the stock deck and I have Bose premium sound.
It sounds Great with the stock Bose, There isn't too much rattle in the tailgate either. Overall I'm very impressed.

Here are some pics of the finished project :)

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

:)

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Looks good :cheers: You'll notice a huge difference with an aftermarket head unit and some amped components up front. I'd also recommend ditching the capacitor for an upgraded battery as well as the big 3 wiring upgrade.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I want a aftermarket head unit harness+retain onstar/bose/ and streeing wheel stuff is like an extra $225 and i still lose functions of my rear entertainment controls and DVD.

Im thinking about upgrading the front speakers too,

Can I use an Alpine 4 channel Amp that I have for the Bose stock speakers?

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lookin good, u go the LOC route under the center console?

I want a aftermarket head unit harness+retain onstar/bose/ and streeing wheel stuff is like an extra $225

Same as what's holdin me back from starting a system, money and the harnesses seem sorta unreliable

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
lookin good, u go the LOC route under the center console?

Same as what's holdin me back from starting a system, money and the harnesses seem sorta unreliable

Yea I used a Dual LOC because I have 2 Amps. I recommend this route as the Bose system really sounds good with the Subs

tv559

Reaction score
If you want to keep the stock HU I recommened getting a EQ. It will give you higher Pre-out voltage and your system would sound alot better. Also ditch the cap...

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the deal wit ditching the capacitor. i keep seeing people type that but i dont know what the deal is with having one.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
If you want to keep the stock HU I recommened getting a EQ. It will give you higher Pre-out voltage and your system would sound alot better. Also ditch the cap...

Why Ditch the Cap? I got it for $25 and is not like it can hurt.
Also can you link me to a EQ you recommend and also how to hook it into the system? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytahoeat409

Latest posts