2-way advanced remote question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage99ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased my Denali used. The advanced 2 way remote was on the window sticker when purchased new but was not included with the SUV. I also see the antenna is located in the rear driver side cargo area.

1. Will I just need to purchase the remote and let the dealer program?

2. Will my standard key fob still work?

3. Can I utilize more than one 2-way advanced remote, etc., me and my wife have one?

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2009 Suburban LTZ with the advanced remote installed but didn't get the fob either.

1. You can purchase and reprogram just like any other remote fob using the DIC. The fob is quite expensive and it's quite large as well. So large that I really don't use mine as it doesn't fit in my pocket as easily as the standard fob.

2. Any fobs you program will all work together.

3. Yes. The advanced remote also has the option to add a 2nd vehicle as well so you can control 2 vehicles from one fob.

OP
OP
S

savage99ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2009 Suburban LTZ with the advanced remote installed but didn't get the fob either.

1. You can purchase and reprogram just like any other remote fob using the DIC. The fob is quite expensive and it's quite large as well. So large that I really don't use mine as it doesn't fit in my pocket as easily as the standard fob.

2. Any fobs you program will all work together.

3. Yes. The advanced remote also has the option to add a 2nd vehicle as well so you can control 2 vehicles from one fob.

Do you want to sell your remote?

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have OCD I might. It bothered me that I had the system installed but no fob to go with it so I purchased a used one from a member on another forum. The part number is 19157237 (might have an updated number now but a dealer or online site should point you to the new one.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou