Remote Start Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DaveO9

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech2 map may get you there. If you download it to a desktop PC you can search with a keyword by holding down the control button then the F key.

A menu will pop up to type and search out a particular word or DTC code with laser beam accuracy so every search you make counts.

Post in thread 'BCM and Tech2'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/bcm-and-tech2.149479/post-1893704

Sounds good, I'll do some sleuthing. Great link to the pathing document, thanks!

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I want to derail the thread a little bit but, it's still related to the topic... lol Where is the remote antenna located on a 2011 Tahoe?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Number 1 is the Remote Control Coor Lock Receiver. (RCDLR?)
One of the cables that plugs into is (to?) antenna.

rcdlr.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya it's in the rear drivers area behind the panel, might be as pictured above or more forward near the wheel well I have seen pictures of it, definetely rear drivers side though
it could vary possibly depending on the year and if it is swb/lwb. or it could be there on all of them, hard to say from the pictures I have seen
pretty sure it requires programming as well if replaced.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Thanks that gives me a great place to start looking. I insulated that whole area with a foil lined insulation, I wonder if that is why my reception went way down..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triton2690