2000 tahoe trans problem P0758

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robv27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, everyone and thanks in advance for all the help, My 2000 4x4 Tahoe is having some trans issues: Gives me the code p0758 shift solenoid B electrical . So, truck was getting stuck in 3rd gear and wouldnt change.
Today i pulled the Trans pan out, replace both solenoids (A and B, thought i'd replace both of them since i was there) and my friend told me i should replace the wiring harness Inside the Trans) and install the spacer plate between the Valve body and trans, and sio i did that, put back the trans pan, Fluid back in and went for a drive. i was soooo sure my problem was fixed, but NOT!!! of course it has to be something else!!!:emotions122: So test drove the truck and same thing. Same Code P0758.
now i don't really know what to do... other than the upshifting from 2nd to 3rd it runs perfect!!! If i clear the service eng. light and drive it, as soon as it tryes to go from 2nd to 3rd it will take a while to go to 3rd, than it goes and gets stuck on 3rd. i took it on the highway and was doing about 65mph and than i cleared the svc eng light w/ my little scanner and it went right to 4th gear. drove perfect all the way, than i pulled over to see what would happen, and it down shifted perfectly all the way to 1st!! than i took off again and when it went from 2nd to 3rd... than it got stuck. Don't really know what to do now... need help!!! i understand that THe PCM controls the transmission? I guess i should start by checking the wiring between the PCM and the Trans, Does anyone have a PCM wiring diagram for a 2000 Tahoe? (new body style) Or does anyone have any ideas on what this problem could be?? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated:Handshake:
And just a couple of things to mention,: 1st, My ABS light comes on and off ocasionaly, i was told i needed the left front speed (ABS) sensor but it has been on for a long time, i don't think this could be causing the problem? and 2nd, when i took off the valve body off the trans, one of the little check balls were stuck in the gasket. (thats why my friend told me to install that plate and when i saw that i was certain that was my problem but guess not!!!:emotions122: ) Any ways Guys!! Thanks for reading and helping out!! A was thinking of going camping w/ the kids this weekend but don't know what's gonna happen... :( Please let me know if you know what the problem could be and if you have or know where i can get a wiring diagram for this truck!!! Thanks Again!!!!

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
installed aftermarket accessories such as alarms or remote starters can cause this sometimes. any chance you have either.

also check to make suse "IGN 0"fuse is intact. it feeds most of the tranny. it is a pink wire going into the tranny and from tranny to pcm it is a yellow/black wire on pcm connector c2 blue terminal #47. the code shows up if the pcm see a continuous open, short to ground or short to power condition.

Dberdusco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More than likely a computer problem.... A bad quad driver inside the pcm... I've seen it before in other cases we replaced the solenoids and it ended up being the pcm...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts