2001 Tahoe power window switches not working for passengers ONLY.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pullmanite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The passenger switches for power windows on 2001 Chevy Tahoe stopped working. The driver can raise and lower all four windows, but the three passenger switches all stopped working. L/R window fuses are fine. Really odd that 3 of 4 switches stopped working, while the driver can still control all four windows.

I fixed the driver door arm rest (common issue) and must have done something. The driver's window and lock controls function perfectly, the passenger lock works fine, but the three passenger window switches can't control their own respective windows. Almost acts like a child lock is on or something, but those seem to only be on the back doors and they are switched off.

Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The passenger switches for power windows on 2001 Chevy Tahoe stopped working. The driver can raise and lower all four windows, but the three passenger switches all stopped working. L/R window fuses are fine. Really odd that 3 of 4 switches stopped working, while the driver can still control all four windows.

I fixed the driver door arm rest (common issue) and must have done something. The driver's window and lock controls function perfectly, the passenger lock works fine, but the three passenger window switches can't control their own respective windows. Almost acts like a child lock is on or something, but those seem to only be on the back doors and they are switched off.

Any ideas?
the drivers window lock switch does exactly that, locks out the other 3 windows
the rear child door lock is something completely different
lock4.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pullmanite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup, that's all it was. For some reason, my brain wasn't even seeing that switch although it's right there plain as day. Goes to show that I never use it and my wife is right when she says I'm not very observant! Thanks for the quick help. I'm embarrassed to admit how much time I spent checking fuses and re-opening the door panel to reseat my cable connections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyr56

Latest posts