2001 yukon denali 6.0 oil in cylinder 1 and 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tendempine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 gmc yukon denali 6.0. I had taken my car to a mechanic to get a dionostic and he told me I have oil in cylinder 1 and 3. He said he cleaned out the oil and it came back when he started it. It runs with loss of power and has a random misfire code. Is there anything I can try before replacing my head gasket

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Sorry about the problem with your truck.

Miles on the engine? Random misfire code for 1 or 2 cylinders are are/is for cylinder 1 or 3 or both? Oil in cylinder can foul the plugs. Were the same plugs reused when "cleaned out" and restarted? How was the oil cleaned out? Was a dry and wet compression test ran? If so, what were the results?

OP
OP
T

tendempine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Sorry about the problem with your truck.

Miles on the engine? Random misfire code for 1 or 2 cylinders are are/is for cylinder 1 or 3 or both? Oil in cylinder can foul the plugs. Were the same plugs reused when "cleaned out" and restarted? How was the oil cleaned out? Was a dry and wet compression test ran? If so, what were the results?
The engine has 193k miles and I don't know how the oil was cleaned out and yes the same plugs where used. The code says random misfire and he told me it's for cylinder 1 and 3

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either the rings are letting oil in from the bottom,
or valve seals are letting in oil from the top.
How else would oil get inside a combustion chamber?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdangerous