2001 yukon still not running!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fisheyes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I have replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter what a beat down tried to fire it up and still has the same result. Vehicle starts and idles fine for 5-10 seconds then drops down to 200-500 rpm surging the whole time and then dies. No check engine light or codes on a reader and 02 sensors checked out ok. Now what? I'm about at wits end with this one. Anybody have any suggestions?

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door Number 1...Clean Throttle body ....maybe that will work.
Door Number 2...Could be a bad crank or camshaft sensors...
Door Number 3...ECU or car computer...is going bad...:winner_third_h4h:

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pressure regulator?
Also, do you hear air bleed off out of the fuel filler when you take the gas cap off?
Just a couple of ideas!

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pull the vacuum line off of your FPR. If fuel drips from the vacuum line, then you need a new FPR.

An intake leak would have to be pretty bad to cause it to die, but it could also be the problem?

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you are not getting a code that makes it kind of hard to isolate. May be time to have a professional look at it. But i would look at the crankshaft position sensor.

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would that kon have a camshaft position sensor? If so, I think there'd be a code if there was a fault with the crank sensor. Not totally sure though.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that kon have a camshaft position sensor? If so, I think there'd be a code if there was a fault with the crank sensor. Not totally sure though.

Not sure about the camshaft position sensor but it has a crankshaft position sensor. I have an 01 yukon and had to replace my CPS back in April. I did get a code however that helped me isolate the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
res51cue