2003 5.3l Tahoe 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzBigDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've been mainly posting about my brother's Tahoe, which is 3 years newer than mine. But I need some suggestions on my Tahoe.

I just rebuilt my 4L60E, put it back in and now all I get is a click. Could I have put the tranny (not a guy in drag! lol) in wrong that is causing binding? It's been years since I've pulled a tranny and put it back in but it seemed almost too easy.

I checked all the cables to make sure I had good connections and the battery is brand new.

delta579

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Starter may require some shimming now. It will be trial and error to find the right number of shims. Just a thought before you start buying parts to change.

OP
OP
A

AzBigDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Starter may require some shimming now. It will be trial and error to find the right number of shims. Just a thought before you start buying parts to change.

I do appreciate that. I'm going to have to try that first as it makes the most sense with hearing it engage but no turning. Thanks buddy I'll post the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat