2003 Denali w/ 152k----what do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoloGreenMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked at a pretty clean 2003 GMC Yukon Denali today, its original owner, Charcoal on grey leather. The only problem is high miles, but the price has been adjusted. It has 152,000 miles.

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
He said Denali, which means AWD.

Honestly, this is what you need to do: tell the guy selling you are very interested, then take it to a mechanic for inspection. At that age/mileage, a lot could be wrong or about to go wrong. On the other hand, if it's been well-maintained and everything looks ok, that's a good deal. I bought mine with about 115,000 miles, but the guy who owned it was an OCD military guy with records for everything (he actually used OnStar to track his maintenance).

Make sure the air-ride is working and in good shape. That was the one thing that bit me after buying, and it's not cheap to replace those parts.

OP
OP
P

PoloGreenMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think im going to keep looking at the moment, i liked the truck but its not my most desired color which is polo green metallic.

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
He also said he drove a Tahoe, which is why I made the comment about the 2WD.

Yeah, sorry. My brain was thinking you were talking about the Denali since that was what the thread was about, but I got it now. My bad.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
With that mileage its a guessing game. I had an 01 Suburban that I finally got rid of with 242,000 miles on it. The engine and trans were still in great shape. Never had to add oil to it. The body was getting a little rough, the a/c quit around 235,000 and the shocks were shot. Didn't want to put a bunch of money in it. If the miles on the Denali are highway miles and it looks like it has been well taken care of it should be alright for the right price if your not going to put a bunch of miles on it. Check nada and kbb for a guide to the price.

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my kons have over 100k on em. My Nali is at 116 and my SLE is still kickin ass at 156. The tranny is the weak link in our drivetrain as these things weigh A lot. Just for a price comparison I bought by 03 XL nali with 112k on the clock in very good comdition for 13k. 10k for a loaded truck with 150k to me is reasonable if everything checks out. Just remember when buying a used car (especially a high mileage one) the price is just the down payment. Set aside around $2000 just incase something pops up after you buy it. You never know when something could just go wrong even on the most well maintained cars. On the air ride, shortly after start you should hear the compressor go through it's self test and you shouldn't get any warnings on your DIC. In addition you really shouldn't hear the compressor come on all to often unless you make a change to the truck like adding weight in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou