2003 Yukon nothing works on drivers door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nascar46747

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing works on drivers door replaced switches if i hook up the plug with most of the wires the gauges stop working could use some help thanks Jim

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

A new Driver Door Module needs to be programmed to match the options specific to the VIN. If you pulled a used module, say, from a junkyard truck that has similar options it should work fine. Then it's likely not that DDM.

I suggest looking at the wiring harness near the driver's door hinge; that harness gets worked a lot and wires can break.

Also a bidirectional scanner would greatly increase your chances of diagnosing the fault.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing works on drivers door replaced switches if i hook up the plug with most of the wires the gauges stop working could use some help thanks Jim
if you get the same results with the old drivers door switch and the new one then you likely have a wiring problem between the door switch and BCM, as already noted check where it gets wiggled the most at the door jam, a broken or pinched wire or bare wire touching the frame or other wires could be the issue.
you might try getting a meter and check each wire for continuity & short to ground between the door switch and bcm

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thest1217