2003 Yukon SLT 5.3L Engine not Ready for emission test help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove mine daily for 2 weeks and it still wasn’t ready. I ended up registering it in a county with no emissions testing. Now it shows ready, a year later, but I don’t know how long it took. I quit watching.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iirc evap also needs 3 cold starts with fuel tank between 1/4 to 3/4 filled. Cold as in engine temp less than 85 degrees or something like that. I cannot ever get evap to run in middle of summer here since nighttime temps stay in the low 90s.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as everyone else. In the last 6 months, i've had the battery off doing heads, blend door (had to take air bag out) and then my battery actually crapped out. I've driven it 500 miles each time they reset and still can't get the damned evap to ready. Catalyst didn't take too long.

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
Same as everyone else. In the last 6 months, i've had the battery off doing heads, blend door (had to take air bag out) and then my battery actually crapped out. I've driven it 500 miles each time they reset and still can't get the damned evap to ready. Catalyst didn't take too long.
All this is nuts.

Lathropfjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem with a 07 Tahoe. Can I jack up the rear wheels on stands and do the drive cycle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts