2005 Rust Belt Denali XL A/C Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A/C not working did a vacuum test and holds none. I've done a/c repairs successfully many times and it usually involves a condenser drier orifice tube compressor o-rings oil and refrigerant. I've never done one that has front and rear a/c. Concerned the issue may be with the rear portion. Rubber on the lines looks okay but the metal or aluminum crimp fittings on them show some wear or corrosion. Any way to tell for sure where the issue might be? Looking at the lines that run from the compressor to the rear, I'm not sure replacing those lines and associated parts is something I want to try to do. Looks very complicated, time consuming and expensive. Is there a way to block the rear portion off and at least have working A/C in the front?

justirv

Reaction score
A/C not working did a vacuum test and holds none. I've done a/c repairs successfully many times and it usually involves a condenser drier orifice tube compressor o-rings oil and refrigerant. I've never done one that has front and rear a/c. Concerned the issue may be with the rear portion. Rubber on the lines looks okay but the metal or aluminum crimp fittings on them show some wear or corrosion. Any way to tell for sure where the issue might be? Looking at the lines that run from the compressor to the rear, I'm not sure replacing those lines and associated parts is something I want to try to do. Looks very complicated, time consuming and expensive. Is there a way to block the rear portion off and at least have working A/C in the front?
Did you add any UV dye before evacuating the system? Since the system is now empty, you could try a regulated, Nitrogen pressure test and listen for the leak. The rear seems more intimidating than it actually is. The refrigerant piping comes thru the rear passenger floor, just inside the hatch, as I think you've found out. There are various A/C seals behind the right/passenger side rear wheelwell cover that tend to leak, and also a TXV valve. If these don't reveal the leak, I'm hoping it's not the evap in the dash. As far as bypassing the rear air, I'm not aware of how to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themagichat16