2006 Tahoe hd grill question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
01 to I think 05 had the style you have and then 06-07 classic had the style I pictured, I could be wrong but fairly positive.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually want either grill. What I like is the chrome strip with everything blackened out

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I bought the hd hood now Im looking to replace my current grill to the hd grill cause of the blackened areas.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

would this fit in my 06 Tahoe?

this will not fit your tahoe directly you will need the whole clip its a compleatly different grille..the one i did will bolt on directly all you need is the hd bumper cap also and lower your bumper an inch and a half

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

01 to I think 05 had the style you have and then 06-07 classic had the style I pictured, I could be wrong but fairly positive.

00-06 had the grille the OP posted first the one you posted is the silverado hd 03-07 and the one i did is an 01-02 silverado HD

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could be right, it has been about 3 years since I have had a NBS.

OP
OP
A

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
this will not fit your tahoe directly you will need the whole clip its a compleatly different grille..the one i did will bolt on directly all you need is the hd bumper cap also and lower your bumper an inch and a half

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

00-06 had the grille the OP posted first the one you posted is the silverado hd 03-07 and the one i did is an 01-02 silverado HD

Does lowering the bumper require me cutting the brackets to lower the 1 1/2? Im looking for that write up.

Edit: just found a few write ups and found that I do Have to cut them and lower them and weld them. How long did it take to do the conversion once you had all the parts? Did you use the same head and parking lights?

Last edited:

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does lowering the bumper require me cutting the brackets to lower the 1 1/2? Im looking for that write up.

Edit: just found a few write ups and found that I do Have to cut them and lower them and weld them. How long did it take to do the conversion once you had all the parts? Did you use the same head and parking lights?

cutting and welding took about 30 min the headlights and corner lights are the same ones all you need to do is get the upper bumper cap from the HD also to install everything took about an hour heres more pics of my installation
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49942&page=2

OP
OP
A

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
I found out that the grille I'm after is for the 02 silverado 1500. Chrome strip and everything else blacked out. Ill find out if I'm correct when I receive it tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
received the grill today and this after market part isn't what I expected. I think im just gong to plasti-dip my oem to look like the OP. It fits my 06 Tahoe but it doesn't look right to me. Ill post pics tomorrow to show what I mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts