2007 denali prone to continuous problems? Should I keep mine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Its a love/hate relationship, as will all cars...iv had most of those issues with mine since i have owned it...but what you gona do? all those gadgets, some are prone to go bad!

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
Its a love/hate relationship, as will all cars...iv had most of those issues with mine since i have owned it...but what you gona do? all those gadgets, some are prone to go bad!

I agree. I've got 4 kids so my car buying choices are pretty narrow anyway. What else has the room/features/torque other than these babies? There's just not much else out there for the same price.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
I agree. I've got 4 kids so my car buying choices are pretty narrow anyway. What else has the room/features/torque other than these babies? There's just not much else out there for the same price.

Unless u want a conversion van!

Provide the proper maintenance, it will be fine...

Read thru the forums and keep an eye out for easy stuff to maintain, the rear tail gate for example. There is another thread here stating many people with the power lift gate always going bad, most of the time its just the struts that cause issues....

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rosko,

Hey there! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and your local dealership is involved. I would be happy to look into this concern. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell it while you can or be prepared to spend some money up front. I have put oil pumps in 4-5 2007's in the past year. There is a TSB for the oil pump relief valve sticking and causing no oil pressure.

The one I just did last week just dropped a lifter and has a dead cylinder. Huge job to replace the lifters they decided to trade it in.

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
Brutus, where do you work? Is it a common/guaranteed problem they all have? How many miles were on them, or does it seem to matter? Any way I can preemptively just replace a simple part and not worry about it?

I can't imagine with all of the Denalis/Yukons on the road that they'd all have this same problem without a recall.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There would only be a recall if it is a safety concern. I have seen this problem on engines with 50k-150k. Doesn't seem to matter on miles, or maintenance history. The one I did last week was sparkling clean inside yet had no oil pressure.

I work at an independant shop.

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
So the only way to tell if you are losing pressure is to watch your guage/lights on the dash...and be quick to shut the engine off?

Does it always cause damage or do you have a few seconds to catch it/prevent it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968