2007 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all. I have owned my Denali since July of last year. I can't say that I have been overly pleased with my purchase. After the new wore off I started to notice the poor quality of trim pieces, door handles, and wiper arm mounts. I have a broken drivers side rear door handle that I am trying to figure out if I can replace myself? I don't see any mounting screws or plugs that hold the panel on jumping out at me. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the door panel on this Yukon?? And if its not to much of a pain to remove the panels, what kind of upgraded real piece of metal door handles are out there?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Door panels are sorta easy. I'm 16 and can do it myself if I want.

There are bolt covers that blend in with the trim panel - one behind the chrome handle you pull on the inside, and one behind the opening on the armrest that you pull to close the door. Both come off with the pry of a flathead screwdriver.

Then you take off the 10mm bolts (should be a total of 3) and CAREFULLY pry up the switch panel, then unplug those harnesses.

After that, you go to the trim panel (at the bottom) with something flat and thin, like a flat-head screwdriver. Pry up enough until you can get your fingers in there and pull towards you, you should hear the tabs pop loose and it'll get easier from there.

Once you get the panel completely popped off there will be the cable that opens the door, I think you release it by messing with it for a bit. Then the panel is completely off.

As for the door handles, I have no clue. All I know is there was a recall for the 2007 models that had sharp/pointy door handles on the inside, and if you have those then you could get them replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms