2007 Escalade won’t shift into drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon-ya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like in neutral, unsure

No noises from what I can remember

I think there was a code but can’t remember, battery is dead currently though

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If brake pedal switch for brake lamps goes out it locks the shifter in P. Got brake lamps.

If you can shift from P to drive than it’s likely the shifter cable on the side of the trans. They get re-repaired many times before there’s nothing left to repair.

Here’s the OEM repair cable at its lowest price and free 2day shipping. Only replace this lower half as the upper half is a PITA to access.

GM Genuine Parts 20787609 Automatic Transmission Range Selector Lower Lever Cable https://a.co/d/0dmsQSK

Verify with a quick look to see if the shifter cable holder is un-damaged too.

GM Genuine Parts 15831435 Automatic Transmission Range Selector Lever Cable Bracket https://a.co/d/8q3lUqY

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Bigkevschopshop

Who here lives in Houston and is good with cars???
I'm something... mostly old crusty cars here but I may be able to direct him where to go.

What side of Houston are you on?

Secondly Was there a check engine light on the dash lit up?

Few notes:
1. Definitely check the fluid level, make sure it registers on dipstick, if not then low fluid will make no hydraulic pressure and no movement on any vehicle.
2. I have heard that if the harness going to the transmission or the internal harness has bad connection, or is screwed up by chewing on it, that these issues can happen as the valve body is electronic control, and even though the lever is moved, there will be no output out of the transmission at all.

Edelarosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have an issue, my Escalade won’t shift into drive or reverse. Not sure what happened but could someone please tell me what might be causing this before I send it to the shop?
My daughter’s Acura about the same year did the same . It was the brake lamp switch . Check your brake lamp bulbs if not working , replace . If still not working it’s the switch .
It locked the shifter

Kjswenson60

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hate to be the bad news guy but I will bet that your third gear clutch pack is burnt up. I am pretty sure that you are going to be looking at a tranny rebuild. Please let us know how it turns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road