2007 EXT autoride not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4rs fed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone give any help where to look at?
When I bought it last month it did work (I would hear the compressor kick on a few seconds when it started in the morning).
Now it doesn't work. The fuse under the hood is good, I checked both of them the 30amp blade and 40 amp square.
How do I begin to troubleshoot the links? When does the compressor have power? Wiring diagram? Common issues?

Thanks!

Jimmyp19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the compressor turn on? It might just be dead, which is common.

OP
OP

4rs fed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the compressor turn on? It might just be dead, which is common.

The compressor never comes on.

So my question is how does the system work:

The compressor will ONLY go on when the sensors say ride is too low and then turn on the compressor? (meaning the sensors turn on a relay that turns on the compressor)
Or
The compressor will always go on and the sensors will turn off the compressor when the ride height is at the correct height?

I believe scenario #2 is correct as the system isn't sealed and will always leak some, but need to start trying to figure out if there is power to the compressor, or power to the sensors, and how the system feeds/works.

Thanks everyone.

Jimmyp19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe number 2 as well. But I am not sure . Before I disabled mine it turned on at every startup

OP
OP

4rs fed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up replacing the compressor with a dorman unit 949-001 it took less than 15 minutes to R&R the compressor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit