2007 GMC Yukon Hard Start/Battery level fluctuation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BacknBlack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a new fuel pump to help with the hard starting problem I have been having.
Delphi FG0815 from Amazon $220.00USD shipped next day.
I will let you know how it goes when I switch it out....

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer has not found the issue, the codes aren't showing and I'm picking it up tonight. There's another novel to this story, but that's the gist of it. I'm pissed. They've driven it extensively and put lots of miles on it, but can't get it to fault. I'm hoping the 110+ weather was the main culprit, but I'm pretty sure it'll do it again, incurring another $110 diagnostic fee.

OP
OP
B

BacknBlack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like typical service from GM Bellis.

Well, I fixed one of my problems today. I was able to get the hard starting issue fixed. I just needed to change the fuel pump. The bad part is I brought my Yukon into the dealer to fix the fuel pump while I was still under warranty a couple of months back, but they could not find the problem. Imagine that! When I left the dealership that day, I asked the service desk if the fuel pump was covered under warranty. He told me that it was not. At that point, I figured I was on my own to fix my fuel pump so I did not bother bringing it back to an enept dealership.
Well last week after I started this thread, Louis from GM contacted me about the problems I was having to see if she could help. I was pretty sure that she was going to be of no use, but I thought I would play along. I gave her the run down on everything that I had done so far and see what she could do. That amounted to nothing. But she did tell me that my fuel pump would have been covered under the warranty but my warranty expired in July.
Thanks for the update Louis.
So after getting an estimate of $800 to fix the fuel pump, I decided to do it myself.
I got the delphi pump off of Amazon for $225 shipped next day. The pump showed up and I started in on the Yukon.
I got the Yukon up on jack stands and started to look at what I was getting into. Then I just started taking the tank down. Everything went great and took about 3 hours to change the fuel pump out and test drive it.
Problem solved and I saved just about $600 bucks.
I have the Stabilitrak issue to take care of next. With the help of these forums, I think i will be a lot further ahead than dealing with GM as well as having more money in my pocket when it comes to problems with my Yukon.
Now that I am out of warranty, I do not plan on going back to my GM dealer for anything.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least you got your fuel pump fixed. Good for you.

Mine went back to the shop 12 hours after I picked it up. After finding absolutely nothing wrong with it, they declared it good. It surged on the highway, warning lights went off and 40 miles away from the dealer, it died at a gas station. A senior tech has it now and they have it hooked up to computers to record any and all faults while it's being driven. After sitting at the dealership for the entire morning Friday, I finally got another loaner.

Also, they over filled my oil by at least a quart.

I do love this dealer, they are very pleasant to work with, I'm just concerned they're going to start throwing unnecessary parts at it, instead of finding the short in the wiring and I'm going to be out a whole lot of money. I should be hearing from them today and if I'm right, they still haven't found the issue.

GM Rep, where are you?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least you got your fuel pump fixed. Good for you.

Mine went back to the shop 12 hours after I picked it up. After finding absolutely nothing wrong with it, they declared it good. It surged on the highway, warning lights went off and 40 miles away from the dealer, it died at a gas station. A senior tech has it now and they have it hooked up to computers to record any and all faults while it's being driven. After sitting at the dealership for the entire morning Friday, I finally got another loaner.

Also, they over filled my oil by at least a quart.

I do love this dealer, they are very pleasant to work with, I'm just concerned they're going to start throwing unnecessary parts at it, instead of finding the short in the wiring and I'm going to be out a whole lot of money. I should be hearing from them today and if I'm right, they still haven't found the issue.

GM Rep, where are you?

Bellis,

I'm sorry you continue to experience this issue with your vehicle. Have you contacted Customer Service? If so, would you please provide your SR# so I may look into your case? If not, please PM your information, so I can set-up a case for you.

Please keep me posted of the results of your dealer visit.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan