2007 LT (no brake lights, no cluster light, pwr wnd/lcks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2fatowing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

2007 LT here the at one point had an alarm and remote starter, and it currently has overhead DVD installed, is having electical issues. One day I lost my drivers side front turn signal while driving, relay still clicks but fast, and later that same day realized that most if not all of my power door lock switches aren't working, except for my drivers side switch, and when my headlights are on, all of my switches are lit up. Just nothing from my cluster, although it continues to work, just with no light. Also, just recently, someone stopped me at an intersection to tell me I have no brake lights. I have yet to check my third, I will check as soon as I have someone else to confirm. Also, every power window motor is not working, only one back window. And yes I checked from all the other switches and checked the loom coming through all of the door by swinging the door back and forth while holding the switch/es.

My question is, can anyone help me with the lighting schematics for my truck? I need to know where the module is for lighting, i have a feeling this is going to be a faulty BCM as I have looked deeply into the previous installs and cannot find any anomalies or irregularities. This doesn't make any sense to me. People are light check your grounds. This wouldn't have all done this at the same time from a faulty ground. I doubt that my vehicle would turn the motor over with a faulty ground enough to get the BCM to freak out and consistently cut power to half my interior, but not ignition? I don't buy it, unless I here specifically otherwise, I'm not gonna waste my time chasing a bad ground that probably doesn't exist enough to cause these issues the way they've happened all at once like this. I bought the truck and everything worked. Everything. And almost overnight after installing an aftermarket head unit, within days things stopped working. So I unplugged my new canbus integration module/harness thinking it could be a bad canbus module and/or a faulty install, like I haven't successfully installed dozens and dozens of head units in my day, with my eyes closed, professionally. I even went and got the factory head and plugged it back in, so that all canbus features would be brought back, negating it as the issue. And like I thought, my install had nothing to do with it, and the module was fine and updated and everything. So that eliminates canbus. So, I'm really thinking its BCM related. How would I go about troubleshooting the BCM without schemes?

ANY help is MUCH MUCH appreciated!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What would be expected to happen if the main power and ground between the battery and the engine is good, but the primary or one of the secondary body grounds isn't? Or a power connection to the interior?

OP
OP

2fatowing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would be expected to happen if the main power and ground between the battery and the engine is good, but the primary or one of the secondary body grounds isn't? Or a power connection to the interior?
That's exactly what it would sound like... so you're also pointing me in that direction? I think I'll concede this weekend and add a bunch of 8, 4, and 0 gauge to replace what is there. I also have a diamond tip ball that I can use to resurface the holes to ensure there's no rust or any other contaminant. In between the terminal ends and the chassis/body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts