2008 Denali what to look for? May buy it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I looked around here on Craigslist and some other sites and at $25k it's in the ball park I guess for a loaded Denali. Remember I have a trade in with negative equity to work with here. The bonus is a HUGE file of the full maintenance of the rig!!!

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

If the dealer will pop on the offer I gave them, it will be mine lol!

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I looked around here on Craigslist and some other sites and at $25k it's in the ball park I guess for a loaded Denali. Remember I have a trade in with negative equity to work with here. The bonus is a HUGE file of the full maintenance of the rig!!!

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

If the dealer will pop on the offer I gave them, it will be mine lol!

good luck

CJC07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should expand your search. I purchased my car in a different state. Got a great deal. Some dealerships will even take trade-ins that way too. I've had friends drive their car to a dealership out-of-state and pick up the new one. A simple search on AutoTrader will present you with a lot of available Tahoes/Yukons for under 27000 dollars and under 60000 miles.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25k is fair. Have them fix everything don't take a lower price and you will fix it deal. Parts can be very expensive. Get a extended warranty from the same dealer. if you feel a little Worried the dealer will just charge the insurance company for warranty repairs anyway so at least you will be dealing with the same place.

Remember extended warrantees can always be price negotiated. Don't let them sell you the this is what it costs deal. Start at the best they offer and negotiate the price down. You can usually get 500 off whatever they list at.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

As far at things to look for.

Rubber boots on rear struts for cracks
Transmission cooler lines wet leaking
Rack and pinion is tight.
Ball joints control arm bushings for cracks.
Seats mirrors ac front and rear work.
Lift gate glass defroster lines work.
Auto up and down window switches all work.
Can't think of more right now.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25k is fair. Have them fix everything don't take a lower price and you will fix it deal. Parts can be very expensive. Get a extended warranty from the same dealer. if you feel a little Worried the dealer will just charge the insurance company for warranty repairs anyway so at least you will be dealing with the same place.

Remember extended warrantees can always be price negotiated. Don't let them sell you the this is what it costs deal. Start at the best they offer and negotiate the price down. You can usually get 500 off whatever they list at.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

As far at things to look for.

Rubber boots on rear struts for cracks
Transmission cooler lines wet leaking
Rack and pinion is tight.
Ball joints control arm bushings for cracks.
Seats mirrors ac front and rear work.
Lift gate glass defroster lines work.
Auto up and down window switches all work
Can't think of more right now.

Auto up/down power windows only worked I think drivers side down. My my outlook they BOTH work down but only drivers side work up. Do all Denali's have auto up and down for front windows???? Damn, another thing wrong. Can't GM make anything to last lol!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Here's a link to the rig

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&bodyStyleCodes=SUV&listingId=353978431&Log=0

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see many posting that the asking price is high but I disagree! My 07 Denali w/90k+ was totaled about 5 months ago and the insurance cut me a check for $30k! So a 2008 with less miles is a steal at $25! JMHO

I think differant states have differant markets which causes the prices to fluctuate....

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. You know that's what I was thinking after looking a little more closely at the market. I don't have the time to travel to another state to buy a used vehicle nor would I want to. 2nd, I do a lot of business with this dealer so I am partial to what they have to offer.

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
The price for this truck seems very reasonable. I have been searching the same rig here in MN and have been coming across the same price for similar miles and condiction 08 Denali.

I really want to pull the trigger and trade my Sierra in for one a Yukon XL Denali. My wife thinks the Denali is a little aggressive and would rather go with just a Yukon SLT or even SLE. In a used Yukon I would like to have the different options: leather, nav, sun roof, larger engine in Denali, etc.

What do you guys think regarding the Denali's? Is it worth the couple more thousand? Do they hold up well with the AWD, and auto level suspension?

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big, not sure on how well they fair in maintenance but they normally seem to hold their value better.

BTW, I'm pulling the trigger. Should be getting it tomorrow. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968