2008 Tahoe Resonator Delete VID!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resonance, or exhaust "drone," is a term used to describe when the exhaust note hits a certain noise level/frequency where it causes a moment of (or constant, if you stay in that range) air vibration that, frankly, is like someone has cupped tupperware over your ears. That's really the best way I can describe it. Usually associated with a certain RPM, it might even vibrate interior pieces so that you get a "buzz" along with the noise and exhaust pressure.

The purpose of a resonator is to dampen those frequencies, as I understand it. So, without it, it makes me wonder if there's now some resonance.

Can anyone else help describe it?

Pretty spot on. An easy way to look at it is, if you hear the sound from the back of the truck that is the exhaust. If you hear it from all around you, that is the drone.

Hope that helps.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
keep the resonator on and get the magnaflow 5x8x24 muffler ive done this on a few sounds great and you get no drone

JasonS

jgs107
Reaction score
just cut mine off.wasnt as loud as i thought it was going to make it.there is a little more deep tone to it for sure just want it a little louder when it idles and i get on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO