2008 Yukon Denali - the dealership / GM is rebuilding our tranny AND engine - advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow,
I would think you are wanting a new vehicle, for all that crap you've been through at the very least.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you having any issues with the vehicle it self... if not i woiuld look at keeping it, new engine and trans at this point.....with out the cost....my only fear would be a technician damaging a wiring harness causing electrical gremlins....but only time will tell. good luck either way.

on another note, for future readers....the internals of these trannies are not like they used to be, they use coated materials to help aid in shift smoothness, sometimes they wear, and sometimes the hard part wears and causes excessive tolerances, and fluid is thin, it dosnt take muck to not build pressure. also during a previous rebuild, the technician could have damaged a new seal and not really noticed.

HD4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you are getting a brand new engine and trans, and the rest of the truck is clean I'd keep it. If you get try and trade or sell it you will get beat up on price of it for sure

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kim,
I apologize for your frustrations. I am also glad that the issue was finally solved. Please keep us updated.
Breanne
GMC Customer Service

OP
OP
F

fellowgearhead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another update for you all:

After much consideration we have decided to keep our Yukon. GM authorized a new engine and transmission be installed. Our drive train warranty ends next December. At that point a 2 year / 25,000 mile "component" warranty will go into effect on the engine and transmission.

Our bumper to bumper "GM Certified" warranty is going to end in about 2 weeks (12 months from purchase). The dealership has purchased a one year Major Guard warranty to extend coverage on our vehicle.

All of the repairs / replacement engine/trans have been taken care of with no cost to us. We are truly hoping for the best. If we run into issues, well, let's just hope that we don't. :)

Kim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel