2008 Yukon Drivers Door Module Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustPlaneMike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 GMC Yukon Denali 1500XL
Drivers Door Module DDM works when it wants to!!
History. Purchased recently used. At that time only the driver's window and door lock switch worked. Later everything quit working. Found on youtube how to take apart and clean. After I did this every switch worked as should. Soon afterwards the switches would work when they wanted to. While inside the vehicle at night I could actually see the lights in the DDM coming on and off randomly. When the DDM switch lights came on the switches would work. Also at times when the DDM did not work i could start the vehicle and then they would work until it decided to stop working. Checking the voltage at the black connector with the orange wire i'm getting 8 volts at 2 locations (pins) on that connector. Shouldn't it be 12v? I've tried to jiggle the wires to see if the voltage would change but with negative results. I've also tried to disconnect the battery and later reconnect, neg results.
Thanks for any assistance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved you here from the 2021+ section.

Carefully examine the wiring harness that connects the driver's door to the body. There's a lot of flexing going on there and one or more wires could be compromised.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time for a new/used door switch, ebay/junkyard
once these things take a dump there really isn't much you can do as you discovered already, join the crowd.

OP
OP
J

JustPlaneMike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Moved you here from the 2021+ section.

Carefully examine the wiring harness that connects the driver's door to the body. There's a lot of flexing going on there and one or more wires could be compromised.
Will do.thanks

OP
OP
J

JustPlaneMike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
time for a new/used door switch, ebay/junkyard
once these things take a dump there really isn't much you can do as you discovered already, join the crowd.
Thanks, will that replacement switch need to be programed/coded to my vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billyd7795