2008 Yukon XL Navigation Radio Reset Issues! HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBoyKilroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2008 Yukon XL. The navigation system works but whenever you turn the car off and the RAP runs out, the nav resets itself to another search zone. I live in the Cleveland Ohio Area. When I shut the car off and come back a few minutes later and turn it on, the nav has Washington dc as the search area, has set the clock one hour back from Cleveland (eastern), has deleted all nav history as well as all saved address book entries. The time is not resetting to 12:00 like its lost all power, but is exactly 1 hour off from where is should be. I even tried to go into the "Secret Menu" to manually change the time, it worked for a few min till it re-synced up with the GPS Sat info. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello BigBoyKilroy,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the navigation in your vehicle. I understand that you are looking for technical advice and I might not be able to provide you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

RHWUSMC0302

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BigBoyKilroy,

Did you ever get a solution to your nav problem? I also have a 2008 GMC Yukon XL and have the exact same problem you describe. Recently replaced the battery because I also had an issue with the vehicle failing to start from time to time. No difference with the nav even with a new battery.

thanks, Rich

OP
OP
B

BigBoyKilroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still no solution, I have found that it does need a Software update that you need a dealer to order from the Nav Disc Center. I have the software version that it needs to be updated to just trying to find a part number to get it ordered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goblue