2010 Z71 Fender flares removal, anyone know how?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Einstein

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings everyone! I am new to the site as of this afternoon, so please bear with me. I have a 2010 Z71 Tahoe and would like to remove the fender flares, they are not growing on me like I thought they would. I was lightly rear-ended and need to replace the rear bumper so I figured I would take this opportunity relace it with an LTZ cover. I am also going to purchase a cover to replace the front. So if anyone knows the easiest way to remove the fender flares I would greatly appreceiate the advice. Cheers.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're just stuck on with 3M tape -- so, look up some posts on debadging, and you'll get all the methods (heat + fishing line + sawing motion = removal, then clay and polish).

Double check on that... But, also double check to see that your front bumper is not "integrated" into the flares. I think that's the case. I think that without the flares, your bumper will be wider than the sheet metal where the flares were...

OP
OP
Einstein

Einstein

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks KMeloney, I saw that the front bumper would need to be replaced. I appreciate the help! Your ride is sick btw!

nrcpharmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine, they are just double sided 3m, and attached wit a few screws and clips if I remember correctly around the fenders. The front bumper is slightly wider than the non Z bumper but so you might notice a little bit off from where the front bumper meets the front fender flare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa