2011 Chevy Tahoe purchased used 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have had my Tahoe for a year. I want to put new parts in but don’t know if the previous owner did any of the upgrades. It has an after market suspension/lift and tires and rimes. I want to change parts, for example the 4 O2 sensors are a start but how do I know if there 1-2 years old or factory from 2011. Does Chevy date mark their parts? Would it be something a mechanic could look for or are they looking at just the quality of the part/ visually inspecting the part.

What’s do you think is mandatory for changing in 165k Tahoe.

I recently got a plug in computer gauge and all the data looks really good. Any thoughts. Am I being to proactive. 2011 Chevy Tahoe z-71 LTZ. 165 k miles

Aloha

Ken

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
So I have had my Tahoe for a year. I want to put new parts in but don’t know if the previous owner did any of the upgrades. It has an after market suspension/lift and tires and rimes. I want to change parts, for example the 4 O2 sensors are a start but how do I know if there 1-2 years old or factory from 2011. Does Chevy date mark their parts? Would it be something a mechanic could look for or are they looking at just the quality of the part/ visually inspecting the part.

What’s do you think is mandatory for changing in 165k Tahoe.

I recently got a plug in computer gauge and all the data looks really good. Any thoughts. Am I being to proactive. 2011 Chevy Tahoe z-71 LTZ. 165 k miles

Aloha

Ken
I replaced my 02 sensors at 340,000 miles
Front two are the main two to worry about but unless their bad and throwing a code I wouldn’t mess with em
IMG_2280.jpeg
Mine decided to quit the same time she dropped a lifter when I was 5 hours from home I put some new “densos” I believe in it with a quart of marvel mystery oil to free up the lifter and sent that mfer

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I believe Bosch are factory replacements if I’m not mistaken but I could be wrong on that I know the ones I replaced were Bosch

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I pretty much figured what the logical conclusion that could be made. Your example makes sense. I have an exhaust Bolt that is broken and needs fixing along with an oil cooler line. I’m going to get a second opinion and price out the work if needed. So yeah I’m busy for now. lol so is my pocket book. Just had a transmission line replaced. “Ouch Eliot.”

Ken