2011 Escalade 6.2 l94 DOD/VVT delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naubel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and have been reading quite a bit. A lot of knowledgeable people and great info so thanks guys! I have a 2011 Escalade 6.2 L94 that im doing a dod/vvt delete with btr truck norris cam because one of my lifters started chirping.

A few questions that still remain unsolved for me is mostly about the oil pump and plugging the oil valley. I've read mixed info about using the oem high volume/flow pump, for some people its too much oil pressure, too low for some. So i have no idea what to use. any insight will be greatly appreciated. My truck has 220k miles on it, unsure if original motor but likely it is.

Is using the gm non afm valley tray is sufficient or should i use the valley block off plugs in unison.

Here's the parts list from ams racing
-BTR (Brian Tooley Racing) Truck Norris camshaft (Specs: 212/22X .552"/.552" 107)
-BTR Beehive Spring Kit
-BTR hardened 7.400" length pushrods set
-Delphi LS7 Lifters with plastic trays
-MLS head gaskets set
-Complete head bolts set
-GM Crankshaft bolt
-GM 3 bolt camshaft gear
-GM LS2 front timing cover with sensor, bolts, and gaskets/seal
-GM non-afm valley plate

Attachments

• 20240222_173139.jpg
    20240222_173139.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 4

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are on the right track there !!!
As long as you are using the non dod valley plate and the correct gasket
you don't need to "plug" those holes..
That cam will need some tuning... Won't even start probably on factory tune.
That 107 LS is going to change the airflow model quite a bit... You may already know this
Just don't start 'cranking' on it after install... it won't stay running

OP
OP
naubel

naubel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are on the right track there !!!
As long as you are using the non dod valley plate and the correct gasket
you don't need to "plug" those holes..
That cam will need some tuning... Won't even start probably on factory tune.
That 107 LS is going to change the airflow model quite a bit... You may already know this
Just don't start 'cranking' on it after install... it won't stay running
yea im sending out my pcm to have a base tune set on it so i can get it running after all the work. then possibly get it retuned and dialed in 100%

Also i have been reading that there's some pressure relief valve somewhere in the crank case that the non dod motors do no have, does that need to be addressed? I'm pulling the motor out to do this job so anything I should be doing as a "while your there"?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea im sending out my pcm to have a base tune set on it so i can get it running after all the work. then possibly get it retuned and dialed in 100%

Also i have been reading that there's some pressure relief valve somewhere in the crank case that the non dod motors do no have, does that need to be addressed? I'm pulling the motor out to do this job so anything I should be doing as a "while your there"?
I used Blackbear Performance for this service and it was a great experience because they could send me tweaks to the tune based on live running data recorded on their Autocal device through a prescribed drive cycle. I don't think mailing out the ECM would get you the same sort of tune customization for your vehicle, specifically.

OP
OP
naubel

naubel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used Blackbear Performance for this service and it was a great experience because they could send me tweaks to the tune based on live running data recorded on their Autocal device through a prescribed drive cycle. I don't think mailing out the ECM would get you the same sort of tune customization for your vehicle, specifically.
Thnaks i will look into this. Dave i read your whole write up of your journey with doing this job, hopefully i dont have to do it 3 time over :) Definitely using oem lifter trays

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 6.2L Yukon Denali that did NOT come from the factory with DOD/AFM stuff. But it does have a pressure relief valve in the oil pan. I put the GM deflector shield # 12639759 on it per
GM TSB: https://f01.justanswer.com/ebrock63...il+Consumption,+MIL+ON,+Engine+Runs+Rough.pdf
when it had 131k miles, that was 67k miles and almost 6 yrs ago. No regrets. Still running strong.
Here some pics: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/07-escalade-oil-pan-relief-valve.147179/#post-1860155

Last edited:
OP
OP
naubel

naubel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 6.2L Yukon Denali that did NOT come from the factory with DOD/AFM stuff. But it does have a pressure relief valve in the oil pan. I put the GM deflector shied # 12639759 on it per
GM TSB: https://f01.justanswer.com/ebrock63...il+Consumption,+MIL+ON,+Engine+Runs+Rough.pdf
when it had 131k miles, that was 67k miles and almost 6 yrs ago. No regrets. Still running strong.
Here some pics: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/07-escalade-oil-pan-relief-valve.147179/#post-1860155
just ordered the deflector! Any help with what oil pump to run?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369