2012 BellTech lowered LT 4WD return to OE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfusion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy,

I want to go back to smooth OEM suspension. I've got a 4WD LT so it runs belltech strut drop up front and belltech coil/shock drop in the rear.

Can someone please post the OEM strut/shock/coil part numbers? I see ZW7 listed on my glove box if that helps.

OP
OP
R

redfusion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well reading up on ZW7 means some sort of auto leveling non electronic suspension. Dont really want that and the OEM coil 22811851 is discontinued anyways. So now just looking for closest thing available that would work in the rear. I dont tow or ever use the 3rd row. Mostly just 2 adults 2 kids. What are my options?

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you want my PPV springs? 1" lower than stock, but not very low.

As far as the softness of the ride, that's where you want to invest in some good shocks. Maybe Arnott?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram that shows the shocks. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

You may need to match a second RPO code from your glovebox sticker to zero in on the correct OEM replacements.

OP
OP
R

redfusion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram that shows the shocks. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

You may need to match a second RPO code from your glovebox sticker to zero in on the correct OEM replacements.

well even with the VIN it is not specific enough and shows too many options. ended up calling them and they gave me the part numbers. But rear coils have been discontinued so looking for the next best setup.

OP
OP
R

redfusion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you want my PPV springs? 1" lower than stock, but not very low.

As far as the softness of the ride, that's where you want to invest in some good shocks. Maybe Arnott?

I'll look into this. Is your 4WD? Do you have a pic?

OP
OP
R

redfusion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PPV would be a step down from Belltech in term of ride quality so no go there.

OP
OP
R

redfusion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any replacement for GM rear coil part 22811851 that mates to the the GM ZW7 rear shock part 22811847?

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV would be a step down from Belltech in term of ride quality so no go there.
I don't think that's accurate.

The PPV as a whole rides very harsh, but I would bet against the springs being more firm than Belltech lowering springs.

The PPV struts and the shorter tire height are most of the difference, I think.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well even with the VIN it is not specific enough and shows too many options. ended up calling them and they gave me the part numbers. But rear coils have been discontinued so looking for the next best setup.
That is where the secondary RPO code comes in. You absolutely can identify the correct part, using this method. But, calling the dealer is a easy substitute.

Try Moog for a compatible spring replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aracka