2012 Yukon XL Denali seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 Yukon XL Denali and have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1st one, the front passenger seat. No power to it at all when I try use any of the switches on the side. Looked underneath and all the plugs seem to be in place. Also looked at the fuses and did see any on the diagram that would indicate a fuse for the seat?

2nd question. Passenger 2nd row arm rest. Will not stay up. Took the bold off and all looks good, when I put it back made sure bolt was tight but still does not stay when in the down position.

Comments please.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding seat fuse, there seems to be fuses on left side of instrument panel, and a circuit break under dash by pedals..
Driver seat module? Fuse 25?

It looks like the receiver for your tire pressure monitors uses the same fuse.
(and possibly remote entry but I haven't looked at that wiring diagram yet).
So if you are seeing your tire pressures, it's probably not that fuse but the breaker, a bad module, or something else..

seatfuse1.png
seatfuse2.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding seat fuse, there seems to be fuses on left side of instrument panel, and a circuit break under dash by pedals..
Driver seat module? Fuse 25?

It looks like the receiver for your tire pressure monitors uses the same fuse.
(and possibly remote entry but I haven't looked at that wiring diagram yet).
So if you are seeing your tire pressures, it's probably not that fuse but the breaker, a bad module, or something else..

View attachment 439093
View attachment 439094

I just looked at the tire pressure and it shows but seems a bit weird, the front shows 35 for left and 34 for right, the back shows exactly the same. I need to add some air to see if it changes and if it does not then might be the fuse, if the air pressure does change then most likely not the fuse/relay but it can't hurt in changing the fuse or relay.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that sounds like the fuse is probably working.. I guess you could remove that fuse and see if your tire pressures still read..

Here's a few diagrams that might help..
dseat1.png

6205 circuit, purple/white wire looks like that is power for the switches...
dseat2.png

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that sounds like the fuse is probably working.. I guess you could remove that fuse and see if your tire pressures still read..

Here's a few diagrams that might help..
View attachment 439105

6205 circuit, purple/white wire looks like that is power for the switches...
View attachment 439106

I just put air in the tires and the pressures changed, so that rules that fuse/relay out.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check for juice at the memory seat module, J3-5.
That's the wire from the circuit breaker to the memory seat module.

Also check J3-3, which should have power from the memory seat module.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check for juice at the memory seat module, J3-5.
That's the wire from the circuit breaker to the memory seat module.

Also check J3-3, which should have power from the memory seat module.
J3-5 says it is "circuit breaker"? Relay or fuse?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 Yukon XL Denali and have a few questions that I hope someone can me with.

1st one, the front passenger seat. No power to it at all when I try use any of the switches on the side. Looked underneath and all the plugs seem to be in place. Also looked at the fuses and did see any on the diagram that would indicate a fuse for the seat?

2nd question. Passenger 2nd row arm rest. Will not stay up. Took the bold off and all looks good, when I put it back made sure bolt was tight but still does not stay when in the down position.

Comments please.
put a small sleeve on the arm rest bolt then tighten it up again, they only sink in so far so a sleeve allows you to get it more snug.
I also recommend using some blue lock-tight on the bolt threads otherwise they tend to work there way loose again
if the caps are missing there are plenty on ebay amazon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertrjoliver