2013 Chev Tahoe brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlBru

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, New to the forum. I have a 2013 Chev Tahoe. Brakes were done last year, new calipers pads and rotors all the way around. Worked perfectly but the vehicle was parked for about 6 months. Started using it. And the right front brake locked up after about an hour of driving, The wheel starts to shudder like a flat tire, when that happened the TPMS warning came on and all four wheels lost there readings.
I pulled the brake apart, assumed it was corrosion from being parked, Wire brushed applied silicone lube and reassembled. Drove for a week mainly very short runs and then the issue reoccurred. Bought a new caliper and all new hardware , cleaned everything and installed. I have gone a week and the issue has reoccurred. The brakes bleed well, and the hose looks in good shape.
The TPMS functions properly as soon as the truck sits for a while, I am at a loss. Its not setting the check engine light , I do have a decent scanner and will scan for codes, but since its not setting a light , I am not hopeful. I was browsing the forum looking to see if anyone has had the same issues.
Any thoughts on a logical trouble shooting process would be appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, New to the forum. I have a 2013 Chev Tahoe. Brakes were done last year, new calipers pads and rotors all the way around. Worked perfectly but the vehicle was parked for about 6 months. Started using it. And the right front brake locked up after about an hour of driving, The wheel starts to shudder like a flat tire, when that happened the TPMS warning came on and all four wheels lost there readings.
I pulled the brake apart, assumed it was corrosion from being parked, Wire brushed applied silicone lube and reassembled. Drove for a week mainly very short runs and then the issue reoccurred. Bought a new caliper and all new hardware , cleaned everything and installed. I have gone a week and the issue has reoccurred. The brakes bleed well, and the hose looks in good shape.
The TPMS functions properly as soon as the truck sits for a while, I am at a loss. Its not setting the check engine light , I do have a decent scanner and will scan for codes, but since its not setting a light , I am not hopeful. I was browsing the forum looking to see if anyone has had the same issues.
Any thoughts on a logical trouble shooting process would be appreciated.
tpms sensor batterys are probably getting low they typically die at around 10 years, they would be unrelated to your brake issue, when they get a low battery they do all kinds of weird stuff

as for your brakes could be a bad brake line

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AlBru Moved you here from 2021+section.
Welcome from NYC!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tpms sensor batterys are probably getting low they typically die at around 10 years, they would be unrelated to your brake issue, when they get low battery they get low do all kinds of weird stuff

as for your brakes could be a bad brake line

cheapest and easiest thing to try.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your hub bearing assemblies really well too. Should have the wheel speed
sensors in there

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those brake hoses get soft inside and collapse blocking the reverse flow. When you put on the brakes the very high pressure opens the restriction to make the brakes work but the return flow is low pressure. Brakes drag, gets hot, piston and fluid expands, gets hotter, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts