2013 PPV Wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckwyld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to set this truck up for a nonprofit with full emergency package. Has anyone determine the purpose of each wire in this harness? 1 constant hot and 2 ignition hots, but can’t figure out the rest. The label around this harness was 6j1 and I can’t find anything about that. I do have 6j3&4 so id assume I have the 6j7 option but can’t find that green/red anywhere. Going to dig deeper tonight but thought I’d post here in case a someone cares to make my search a little easier. Thanks! IMG_6935.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6933.jpeg
    IMG_6933.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to set this truck up for a nonprofit with full emergency package. Has anyone determine the purpose of each wire in this harness? 1 constant hot and 2 ignition hots, but can’t figure out the rest. The label around this harness was 6j1 and I can’t find anything about that. I do have 6j3&4 so id assume I have the 6j7 option but can’t find that green/red anywhere. Going to dig deeper tonight but thought I’d post here in case a someone cares to make my search a little easier. Thanks! View attachment 435822
you might try looking on the gm upfitter guide, but honestly no telling with a wire like that depending what was installed and who installed it
otherwise follow it to the other end......

OP
OP
B

Buckwyld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you might try looking on the gm upfitter guide, but honestly no telling with a wire like that depending what was installed and who installed it
otherwise follow it to the other end......
nothing on the upfitter guide either. This is a factory installed harness that was tucked up behind the radio. This truck was never outfitted as a squad. I put the center console in, as there was a jump seat.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing on the upfitter guide either. This is a factory installed harness that was tucked up behind the radio. This truck was never outfitted as a squad. I put the center console in, as there was a jump seat.
probably just going to have to trace it back to the other end, there are a few guys with ppv's on here but no telling when you might get a response from any that might happen to know. since it is wrapped in electrical tape should be easy to trace backwards

OP
OP
B

Buckwyld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
probably just going to have to trace it back to the other end, there are a few guys with ppv's on here but no telling when you might get a response from any that might happen to know. since it is wrapped in electrical tape should be easy to trace backwards
that's the plan tonight. I have seen plenty of folks asking about the harness but no real answers. Following it into the engine bay will be fun since it disappears up in the dash. Man, I love electrical! ha!! I appreciate your time all the same!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's the plan tonight. I have seen plenty of folks asking about the harness but no real answers. Following it into the engine bay will be fun since it disappears up in the dash. Man, I love electrical! ha!! I appreciate your time all the same!
a tester/toner like a cable or telephone repair person uses can be very useful for this stuff.
you connect a toner to a wire then you use the receiver/probe to find the other end of it as long as you have a general idea of where it goes anyway
just an idea that might help

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for this! based on what i am seeing, i can use the constant hot and ignition wires to supply siren power and possibly backlighting but, that would be the extent of it and render the remaining wires useless?
That heavy red is probably the 50A constant hot for the console area. The others should be easy to trace from the diagram posted above.

waveryd

Reaction score
If you search for the 2013 upfitter guide it will eventually come up. When I get to a computer I'll try to get the link in a reply. You will have to unwind that tape to find the green wire with the red trader to actuate the flasher mode. Also, if you can locate the police vehicle supplement to the owner's manual there will be more information about the PPV wiring in there. I believe four of the wires you are looking at goes to the front grill area to control lights and for the siren speaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369